Monday, June 11, 2007

May tagged me for the Eight Things meme:

The rules of the Meme are:
Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves
People who are tagged write a blog post about their own 8 random things and post these rules
At the end of your blog you need to tag 8 people and post their names
Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog

1. I was married for 12 years to an electrical engineer at a Silicon Valley company. This may be a surprise to friends who only know me as a happily partnered lesbian - it was quite a journey!

2. I love music yet hardly ever listen to it. I don't know if it's because I love performing music more than just listening to it - or if it's because I just don't think about putting on a CD. Hmmm...

3. To tie in with number 2, I used to sing in small opera company productions. Roles - Luther's Wife (and chorus) in Tales of Hoffmann; Chorus (and one of the gypsy fortune-tellers) in Traviata; Chorus (and offstage giggle) in Pirates of Penzance; etc.

4. I studied ballet for 6 years and modern dance for 12.

5. My favorite music for road trips - 1950s car songs and country! I love to find country music stations away from New York - which has none.

6. I sewed lots of my own clothes in high school.

7. I studied French cooking at a winery with a French chef. I still have the recipes but since my partner is allergic to dairy and eggs, there aren't many of them I can make for us.

8. I listen to audiobooks as I go to sleep. It's like having someone read to me as I drift off. I can only do this with books that I've already read so that I'm not missing plot points.

Re tagging more people - May and Cynthia have tagged everyone I would have tagged. Sorry!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Good list. Learned some new things about you. ;-) French cooking classes sound wonderful.