Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Midden

or, organizing by piles...
I mentioned The Midden to Cynthia in a comment and thought that perhaps all of you would like to know about my secret shame. My life, including clean clothes, stitching projects, bags full of yarn, etc. lives in a large pile at the foot of my recliner. Occasionally things get lost - they slip under the recliner - and occasionally I do a sweep under the recliner looking for things. Usually, however, I let stuff rise to the top - oh, there's the Carrots cross stitch! Oh, there's that silk ribbon yarn! It's a lovely surprise when stuff does appear and then I work on it until it vanishes again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't comment on this. I LIVE with piles everywhere. On my right are piles of books to be read. The read ones are on the left. In a pile on TOP of the books on the left are a couple of knitting projects. On the book case next to that are projects in waiting....life is but a pile ...

Marci said...

I don't have piles outright, but I've got closets that hide many things. Just recently I came across money that was in a handbag I had stored away over a year ago. Those are the kinds of discoveries I like. :)

Cynthia said...

I always think of the Midden when I can't find something!