Sunday, September 03, 2006
Third Finished Pair
This is my third finished pair of socks - they're Grumperina's Jaywalker pattern, done in Regia Jubilee Sock, London colorway superwash wool/nylon. I finished them this spring, for my sister's birthday, then mislaid them. When they turned up again I thought I'd better send them off right away, but wanted a picture first. This is the pair where the toes turned out rather oddly (sorry!) and encouraged me to start making toe-up socks instead. Some people's Jaywalkers have ended up quite tight but these seem to be ok. Perhaps there's more stretch in this yarn. I knit both pairs sort of ongoing, one from the center pull end, the other from the outer end.
More knitting news - Mardi Gras Sock 1 is done! I ended up buying another skein of CLaudia's Purple Earth yarn to have as a spare. It's a different dye lot and though the colors are the same, the amount of each color is not (a lot more purple and dark blue in the new skein.) So - Sock 1 has Skein 1A for most of the foot and leg, and some of skein 1B to finish the leg. Sock 2, which has been started, has Skein 2 for the foot, I will switch to skein 1B probably for the heel and definitely for the leg.
And even more - the Lacy Prairie Shawl is almost done. I am knitting the top garter stitch border rows now. NO MORE PATTERN!!!